The Bar Manager to manage the bar service within the golf club, and ensure that customers are served promptly and courteously, in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures, and always in line with hygiene and safety regulations. Ensure that all customers who visit or contact the club or use the facilities have their expectations met and exceeded. Motivate and lead the bar team and always promote a positive image of the club.
• Oversee the service of beverages within the bar and restaurant and maintain overall responsibility for beverage service throughout the golf club.
• Ensure cash, credit card and members card procedures are adhered to and strictly monitored, including preparation and calculation of bills and cashing up of tills.
• Take responsibility for stock control, including ordering, acceptance, maintenance of stock levels and stock rotation, and return of any sub-standard items
• Ensure golf club security is maintained when locking up and events are staffed appropriately and in accordance with licensing laws.
• Report and liaise regularly with Operations Director regarding departmental performance and ensure they are informed of any relevant information or issues
• Develop and maintain professional relationships with internal and external customers
• Liaise with all other departments regarding handover and organisation of functions
• Liaise with accounts department to ensure invoices are forwarded promptly and are correct and that cash procedures are being adhered to
• Be aware of and anticipate customer’s needs.
• Implement and ensure the golf club’s Hygiene & Safety Policy is met at all time.
• Comply with and implement all legislative and licensing requirements.
• Ensure the bar area is clean and hygienic, making sure cleaning rotas are adhered to and appropriate records kept.
• Ensure employee conduct, uniform and personal hygiene requirements are adhered to.
• Ensure the bar runs smoothly daily and is adequately stocked with all necessary goods.
• Produce effective rotas to ensure staffing levels are appropriate and efficient.
• Report and where possible take action for any incidents of complaint, accident, fire, loss or damage.
• Enforce Licensing Laws and in-house security policies.
• Check customer satisfaction regularly, ensuring all guest feedback is dealt with in a professional and efficient manner to minimise negative impressions of the golf club.
• Attend company meetings as requested the golf club.
• Communicate a vision of success which the team want to be part of.
• Promote a positive attitude and team ethos, including ‘lead by example’, for the department, setting the pace and standards and encouraging mutual respect.
• Train and develop the team to ensure the club’s beverage service is to specification, and self and staff co-operate with our caterers and other staff and managers to ensure customers’ expectations are exceeded by ensuring service is as smooth and as continuous as possible.
• Praise and recognise good performance.
• Manage staff absence and holidays.
• Pro-active in problem solving and work on own initiative to deal with problems and opportunities.
This list is not exhaustive and is designed to provide a guide to the main responsibilities and duties of the role. It is expected that all personnel will undertake duties outside of the scope of this document from time to time.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• The ability to demonstrate the WGC Values – ONE TEAM, PASSION, EXCELLENCE
• Must have a minimum of 3 years in the hospitality / Front of house industry with full knowledge of beer line cleaning and stock ordering
• The ability to motivate, inspire and train a small team
• The ability to work independently and using own initiative
• A hands-on approach and desire to lead by example
• A passion for delivering excellent customer service
• Able to work in an efficient and organised manner
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Application for BMWGC